Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Just a Note

Several months ago, I received a card in the mail. It was from a woman that was quitting the quilt guild I attended. She mentioned that the guild just wasn't giving her what she needed at that point and that wouldn't be coming back; that she hadn't made any lasting friendships. But she added that she always enjoyed visiting with me and that she would miss our chats.

Now I didn't get to know her very well in the year or so she was at the guild meetings. We always said hello and chatted about what we were working on. Nothing of significance really.

Then I got that note. It made me feel so good inside! It had been sitting on my desk for months. I had always meant to send a response, but life moved on and I didn't get around to it. It really was turning into another reminder about how I often don't finish what I intend to do (working on that, by the way).

So I wrote up a little note and sent a Christmas card.

Fast forward a month. In the mail another note; just saying how she enjoyed getting the card and hearing from me ... that it had meant a lot to her!

That two minutes out of my life to write a short note meant something. I have two minutes every day. I need to remember that those could be used to make someone smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, where have you been? It's been so long! I'm back. I was a little lost, but I'm back. It's been almost two years since...